Sunday, September 14, 2008

...and they will be known by their T-shirts & rap music

Tonight at the Stirring was great. I know that for me, it is important to be reminded that it is not our ministry or attempts to "save the world" that show God, but simply loving each other. In a world that is very broken it can be Extremely overwhelming to try and put back the pieces for everyone, but if instead we just focus on a few, but do that really well, we will be able to love so much deeper. And in a very shallow love world, that is noticeable. The biggest personal challenge for me though was definitely the committing to spend a year walking with just few people, so that I can invest my best for them. I tend to load up early and stay super busy throughout the school year and just seem to have a little time for everyone, but instead, I want to have a lot of time for a few. This is an area that I know that I can become more effective at and something that I am going to be pushing towards.
Secondly, tonight was interesting. See I have for some time desired a new computer, my current on works as a word processor, but that's about it. So I have just been keeping it in my prayers and have kept my eyes open for a new iMac, they are functional and are the most practical option for me and Holly. Anyways, me and Holly had talked about purchasing one tonight, because there was a good deal online that ended tonight. Well, after reviewing our finances and realizing how much else we have to spend this next month on plane tickets to see my family for Christmas, we realized that we could not do it. I won't lie, I was a little bummed at first. BUt then I remember something that I had prayed earlier that day, I had reminded my self that God knows my needs, wants, and desires, and that he knew what was best for me. I asked him that at the appropriate tie that he would provide me with an iMac, but not before because I did not want it if it was not what was best for me right now. And so I know in faith that God will provide me and Holly with an iMac and it will be an incredible blessing, but until then, I am content with the needs that God has already met and the blessings he continues to pour out on me. Praise God, because he is good, simply by his nature.

1 comment:

nathan said...

so glad to see you're blogging ... I love your thoughts and words and stories ... I'm a T.J. fan ... let's get DC Talk cd's for the jr. high peeps ...